Vacancy: Fiji Mission Manager – Bible Society of the South Pacific
The Bible Society of the South Pacific is looking for a suitable person to serve as Fiji Mission Manager for the Bible Society of the South Pacific. The person selected will be required to direct and manage the overall functioning and day to day operations of the Bible Society of the South Pacific (BSSP) Fiji Mission so that it fulfills its objectives effectively. Minimum qualification required: A degree in Management, a mature Christian 35 – 45 years old. Experience in senior leadership and management: At least 5+ years. The person should be creative, visionary, acquires great organizing skills and at least has the following criteria for the position:
Leadership and management:
– Well rounded leadership, management knowledge and skills.
– Ability to work well with the key decision makers for the benefit of the Society.
– Experience in the business and trading fields.
– Good experience in financial management and accounts.
– Great with modern media and technologies.
– Has a great heart for the value of the Bible that will help in the mission and vision of the Bible Society and shows clear evidence of that call in his or her life.
– Coordinate meeting the mission needs of various target audiences through the Society’s programs.
– Build partnerships with other mission agencies.
– Has good interpersonal communication skills needed to build up relationship with all churches.
– Ability to promote the Bible cause to all churches in Fiji and gain their support.
– Ensuring that the scripture needs of churches are met.
Developing the publishing role of the Society
– Develop further the publishing program of the Society in the Pacific.
– Overseeing the translations, production and distribution functions of the Society in its work in Fiji.
– Developing the partnership between donors and the Society.
– Increasing the fundraising stream of the Society to enable it achieve its mission.
– Experience in this field is needed.
– Has the ability to use information in different medias to promote the Society.
– Has a good command of the English language and one other language (Fijian itaukei, Hindi, Rotuman, etc. is an advantage)
– Understands cross-cultural mission protocols with some experience.
Applicants from the Christian faith with a heart for mission work are encouraged to apply for this position. Remuneration and working conditions will be discussed at the interview. Application with a detailed CV, copies of supporting documents and two referees should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Coordinator,
Bible Society of the South Pacific,
Private Mail Bag,
All applications are to be e-mailed to email@example.com. Applications close on 1st December 2017.