The American Bible Society (ABS) Global Mission have taken the initiative to organize The Common Framework Model (CFM) Workshop for Bible Societies in the Asia Pacific region where they are currently funding or hopes to fund translation projects.
The Common Framework Model (CFM) for Scripture translation and engagement that American Bible Society (ABS), UBS and major translation agencies in the world have a criterion for project development and funding support.
The agenda for the two days’ workshop covered:
1. Five Principles of CFM – How does this translate into actions
2. Orality – the significance and various uses of Orality in Scripture Engagement
3. Capacity Building on Systems – Training National Bible Societies to enhance their operational skills
4. Review Current Translation Portfolio – Current and planned languages projects
5. Scripture Engagement – Integration of SE as part of Bible translation.
The CFM two day workshop was funded by the ABS from 16 to 17 February, the workshop was hosted by the Bible Society of Indonesia.
Mrs Ledua Turaganivalu attended this consultation on behalf of the Bible Society of the South Pacific.