Vacancy : Warehouse Officer
The Bible Society of the South Pacific is a Christian organization involved in communicating the Word of God in the South Pacific and is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced person to fill the position of Warehouse Officer.
General Scope of the Job
1. Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction through excellence in receiving, identifying, dispatching and assuring quality of goods
2. Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities
3. Organize and maintain inventory and storage area
4. Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy
5. Communicate job expectations
6. Interface with customers to answer questions or solve problems
7. Maintain items record, document necessary information and utilize reports to project warehouse status
8. Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing work procedures and practices
9. Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
The Warehouse Officer will be report to the Finance. He will work closely with the Coordinator of Retail & Distribution and the Finance staff and respective officers in relations to the setting and fulfillment of the Fiji Operations goals.
Key Responsible and Outcomes
- Maintains a proper record of ingoing and outgoing stock
• Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
• Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with the POS System.
• Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization.
• Communicate and cooperate with coworkers and Finance policies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pick up according to schedule (load, pack, label and ship).
- Communication Skills: Warehouse Officer will need to speak with coworkers and customers on a regular basis.
- Leadership Skills: Warehouse Officer will need resolve conflicts, as well as keep employees motivated and on-task.
- Critical-Thinking Skills: Warehouse Officer will need to devise plans of action and asses those plans regularly.
- Organizational Skills: Multiple orders, people and many moving pieces will keep warehouse Officer on their toes.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Warehouse Officer will need to be ready when problems arise, or be ready to anticipate problems before they happen.
1. The candidate must be a Christian and a firm believer in the Holy Scriptures.
2. A Diploma in Accounting.
3. At least experience in the logistics, warehouse or inventory field
4. Knowledge of warehouse software packages and MS Office proficiency
5. Ability to input, retrieve and analyze data
6. Hands-on commitment to getting the job done
7. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
8. Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations
9. Strong organizational and time management skills
Applicants of the Christian faith and with a heart for mission work are encouraged to apply for this position. Remuneration and working conditions will be discussed at the interview. Application with a detailed CV, copies of supporting documents, two referees, should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer,
Bible Society of the South Pacific,
Private Mail Bag,
All applications are to be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications close on 31 August 2017.