Vacancy: Mission Coordinator – Bible Society of the South Pacific Vanuatu
The Bible Society of the South Pacific is a Christian organization involved in communicating the Word of God in the South Pacific and is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced person to fill the position as Mission Coordinator for its Vanuatu branch. The person selected will be required to build relationship, forge partnership with churches, communities, donor agencies and work with targeted audiences for the Bible Society programme. The person should be a people person, have a good understanding of the community and acquires great organisations skills.
• Build relationship with communities, churches and other mission agencies in Vanuatu
• Coordinate meeting the mission needs of various targets audiences through the Society’s programs
• Promote and advocate the Bible to all Churches in Vanuatu
• Liaise with churches and other stakeholders ensuring that the scripture needs of the churches are met
• Link the Bible Society programs in its work with the Vanuatu communities
• Develop partnership between donors and the Society
• Increase fundraising streams in the Society
• Ensure research is an element of all programs of the Society.
• Ensure systems and process in programs are enforced
• Maintain good public relations with the public through the use of various media for promoting the Society.
You will need:
• A Diploma in Project Management & Public relations
• At least 3 years’ experience in Project management and a mature Christian 30 – 35 years old.
• Experience in negotiation and relationships buildings
• Has a good command of the English language and one other language is an advantage.
• Understands cross-cultural mission protocols and with some experience.
• Ability to well under pressure
• Dedication to the details, from budget management to locating inefficiencies
Applicants from the Christian faith with a heart for mission work are encouraged to apply for this position. Remuneration and working conditions will be discussed at the interview. Applications with a detailed CV, copies of supporting documents and two referees should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Friday 23rd February 2018.