The Bible Society of the South Pacific is a Christian organisation and a registered charitable trust in Fiji. Its principal business activity is the translation, production, and distribution of the scriptures for wider Bible engagement in the South Pacific Region. A key part of the regional structure in the Bible Society of the South Pacific is the Financial and Operational services of National branches.
Applications are invited from individuals who are passionate about the Holy Scriptures and is suitably qualified and experienced for the position of Finance Manager to be based in Suva.
Reporting to the General Secretary, the successful applicant will be responsible for the following duties:
Preparations of the yearly finance plan & budgets in line with the Society’s strategic plan and develop strategies that work to minimize financial risks
Preparations and presentations of the financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings and develop long-term business plans based on reports.
1. Preparation of annual accounts for audit by an external and independent auditor, and resolution of any issues arising thereof.
2. Maintenance and update of the Financial Policies and Procedures Manual.
Effective management of Project and Publishing funds.
3. Proper and effective management of the Society’s assets.
4. To lead a team through supporting team members, work, encouraging and stimulating team work, and exploring and encouraging innovative ways for BSSP’s internal mission can be realised The Successful Candidate will possess the following characteristics:
1. Holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
2. A minimum of 5 years finance management experience
3. Strong Team Leadership and motivational skills
4. Strong analytical and modelling and reporting skills
5. A highly competent verbal and written communication skills
6. Some experience with not – for profit project fund/grant accounting
7. Have working knowledge with MYOB or other accounting software with excellent Excel skills.
An attractive package commensurate with qualification and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
Written applications with details of qualifications, relevant experiences, references and contacts should reach the following by:
The Operations Manager,
Bible Society of the South Pacific,
10 Luke Street,
Private Mail Bag,
Email your Applications and CV to MargyNaulivou@bible.org.fj
Due Date : Friday 17th, May 2019.