The Bible Society of the South Pacific (BSSP) is seeking an exceptional leader who has a heart for the Christian mission and is passionate about sharing/reaching all people with God’s Word to effectively and efficiently manage the Bible Society of the South Pacific and to respond to the needs of BSSP members within available resources.
1. Position General Secretary Designate
2. Position Level Tier 1
3. Salary $35,000 – $45,000 + benefits
4. Duty Station 10 Luke St, Nabua, Suva, Fiji.
The General Secretary Designate position is of a leadership role who is able to work with all Christian churches in the Pacific region with a task of effectively and efficiently managing the overall operations of the Bible Society of the South Pacific in line with its Constitution as agreed to by members and the Society’s corporate plan.
Key Performance indicators
Performance will be measured through the following indicators:
1. Society having a healthy working relationship with all Christian churches in the Pacific
2. Assigned activities in the corporate plan completed
3. Compliance with applicable legislation, policies and procedures and service standards
4. Timely submission of required reports
A University qualification in Management, Finance or related discipline from a recognized institution OR equivalent technical course/certification with 5 years’ experience in a similar role, out of which 3 years must be at management role. A diploma in theology, biblical & religious studies will be an advantage. In addition to this; the following knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities will be required to perform this role:
Knowledge and Experience
• Demonstrate extensive experience of working and partnering with the Christian Churches in the Pacific.
• Demonstrate sound knowledge across key areas of management compliance with sound understanding of management policies and principles and legislations
• Proven leadership and management experience including managing a complex and diverse range of functions.
• Understanding of South Pacific customs and traditions
• Understanding of Christian Churches in the South Pacific
Skills and Abilities
• To be passionate about the Holy Scriptures and about working in a multi-cultural and Christian environment.
• Communicates effectively across a wide range of people and expresses ideas clearly and coherently both verbally and in writing
• Ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with staff and stakeholders by building rapport, understanding needs, and delivering expectations
• Able to logically evaluate information, identify key issues and draw sound conclusions
• Have a high level of ethics and integrity and be able to maintain confidentiality and take responsibility for actions
• Able to meet deadlines and achieve results personally and through effective team leadership
• Capacity to utilize computer programs to support operations and analysis
For more information on the role/JD please visit www.bible.org.fj
Application with a detailed CV, copies of supporting documents, two referees, should be addressed to
The Search Committee,
Bible Society of the South Pacific
Private Mail Bag,
and email to: email@example.com; Applications close on 27th August, 2018.